By signing up to the commitments of the Charter you are demonstrating your commitment to being positive and pro-active towards recruiting and retaining disabled people.
The Charter is not a statutory obligation nor is it a legal requirement. This Charter is about working towards the commitments of it and not the immediate fulfilment of them – signing up is a step along a journey- not the end of it. Organisations which sign up to the Charter agree to:
- encourage job applications from disabled people
- guarantee a job interview for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our job vacancies
- implement good practice in all aspects of the recruitment and retention of disabled people
- consider ‘reasonable adjustments’ in the recruitment process and in the workplace
- provide work experience placements and job tasters for disabled people where practicable
- Make staff may be available to conduct mock or practice interviews for job seekers with a disability
- encourage managers and supervisors to undertake on-line Disability Awareness training
- act as a disability Ambassador and encourage staff to motivate other employers
- develop our own commitment to enhance the employment opportunities for disabled islanders
To sign up to the Charter please contact Nikki Ioannou-Droushiotis at Guernsey Employment Trust on 247999 or visit GET’s website on www.get.org.gg/employers/charter to find out more information.
The information in this leaflet was provided by the GDA disability groups locally, and Disabled Go