Tips on how to make Parking more accessible.
- Is there designated parking provision for disabled motorists?
- Are the designated accessible bays clearly signposted from the car park entrance?
- Are the accessible bays close to the building entrance?
- Do the parking spaces have a minimum of 1.2m transfer space around the front and sides?
- Are designated accessible bays level, smooth, even and free from loose stones?
- Are accessible bays clearly highlighted with a ground-painted symbol and wall or post mounted sign?
- Are routes adequately lit from the parking spaces to the building entrance?
- Is the proportion of designated bays compared to standard bays sufficient?
- Is there a good colour contrast between the road finish and the parking bay?
- Is there kerb free access to the accessible parking spaces?
The information in this leaflet was provided by Access for All